Apart from their much-praised virtuosity and musicality, the trio has been singled out for its programming: surprising transcriptions were followed by contemporary pieces that exploit unknown possibilities, hardly imaginable on the guitar. The Los Angeles Times wrote: they broke all the rules… and got away with it. The trio stopped performing in 2004
This compilation consists of works no longer available on individual cd’s.
Music by: Domenico Scarlatti, originally for harpsichord.
Johan Sebastiaan Bach, for 2 harpsichords and string orchestra.
The works by George Bizet, Sergei Prokoviev and Manuel de Falla for full orchestra.
Isaac Albeniz for piano, as well as Aragonesa by Manuel de Falla.
The two pieces by Herman van Veen are originally written as songs.
All transcriptions are made by the Amsterdam Guitar Trio.
1. Sonate K 159, Allegro | D. Scarlatti
2. Sonate K 208 Andante cantabile | D. Scarlatti
2. Sonate K443, allegro | D. Scarlatti
4. Sonate K 466 Andante moderato | D. Scarlatti
5. Concerto BWV 1060 1. Allegro | J.S. Bach
6. Concerto BWV 1060 2. Adagio | J.S. Bach
7. Concerto BWV 1060 3. Allegro | J.S. Bach
8. Andante cantabile | G. Bizet
9. Allegro vivace | G. Bizet
10. Gavotta | A. Prokoviev
11. En los jardines de Cordoba | M. de Falla
12. Almeria | I. Albeniz
13. Aragonesa | M. de Falla
14. The difference | H. v. Veen
15. Farewell cafe | H. v. Veen
© Uitgeverij Harlekijn 2018